Here are just a few of the books available for parents and children
on topics related to ART:
BOOKS FOR PARENTS
- Choosing Assisted Reproduction: Social, Emotional & Ethical
by Susan Cooper and Ellen Sarasohn Glazer. Perspectives Press,
- Experiences of Donor Conception: Parents, Offspring and
Donors Through the Years by Caroline Lorbach. Jessica Kingsley
- Helping the Stork : The Choices and Challenges of Donor
Insemination by Carol Frost Vercollone et al. Wiley, 1997.
- In Vitro Fertilization: The A.R.T. of Making Babies
by Geoffrey Sher. Facts on File, 1995.
- Single Mothers by Choice : A Guidebook for Single Women Who
Are Considering or Have Chosen Motherhood by Jane Mattes.
Three Rivers Press, 1994.
- Experiencing Infertility: An Essential Resource by Debby
Peoples and Harriette Rovner Ferguson. Norton, 2000.
- A Matter of Trust: The Guide to Gestational Surrogacy
by Gail Dutton. Clouds Publishing, 1997.
- Pandora's Baby: How the First Test Tube Babies Sparked the
Reproductive Revolution by Robin Marantz Henig. Houghton Mifflin.
BOOKS FOR CHILDREN
- Mommy Did I Grow in Your Tummy? Where Some Babies Come From
by Elaine Gordon. E. M. Greenberg Press, 1992.
- Let Me Explain: A Story About Donor Insemination by
Jane T. Schnitter and Joanne Bowring. Perspectives Press, 1995.
THE SCIENCE OF ART
For more detail about the science and technology of ART:
Patient’s Guide To Assisted Reproductive Technologies
by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), which
can be downloaded from SART also offers a variety of patient
to Infertility Options Through Assisted Reproductive Technologies
from the InterNational Council on Infertility Information Dissemination